Monday, September 13, 2010

Grandpa Bob's Birthday Weekend

Grandpa Bob had a birthday today, and we celebrated all weekend long.  The boys and I got up early on Saturday and headed into Bales for some good old fashioned sale barn breakfasts.  Then we went out to dad's horses to help him set up for an event on Saturday night.

Of course the boys wanted to ride the horses so we kept them busy in the round pen for an hour or so.  It is fun to see them both loving to ride.  Brecken is of course a cowboy when he is on his horse, but Maxim chooses to be a Medieval Knight fighting off dragons and other bad knights.  He also some how worked Star Wars Clones into the mix on Saturday, but that wouldn't surprise me.  A tauntaun is a lot like a horse.

Sunday we grilled steaks at mom and dad's house and dad and I fell asleep watching football.  Sometimes I can't believe how different he and I are, and then somedays I catch myself doing the exact same things he did...that I thought were completely dumb.  Like getting up at 6 AM and running...now I am grumpy if I don't get my running in.

Thanks dad for being a dad, father, friend and role model...to me, my sister and my kids.

No comments: