Monday, May 17, 2010

Summer Break...now Brecken has some friends.

Maxim's last day of 1st grade was on Friday, and summer break has officially begun.

That is good news for Brecken, as he was starting to get a little bit sad for "friends".  I guess the other day Steph and Brecken were outside, on the trampoline and Brecken was playing his "butar" AKA guitar.  His song went something like this....

"Ohhhh, I don't got no friends,
But I got my grandpa....
I don't got no friends,
But I got my grandpa...."

My first thought was to correct his use of "got no" to "I don't have any friends," but then I realized that it was more of a country song, so the use of improper English is accommodated in this instance for song writing purposes.

Well, his friend/brother will be around for about 90 days now, all the time.  By the end of the week he will be begging for Maxim to go back to school.

We are sure this song will live on in infamy as Grandpa thinks it is pretty much the best song ever written.

No comments: