Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Penny Calls Out Justin Morneau

If you knew my Grandpa Walt you remember that in retirement he spent his summer evenings watching the Twins and calling Tom Kelly a "dummy". He loved the Twins, but he always thought he could manage them better than "The Skipper" Tom Kelly. (in all reality, TK and Gardenhire do miracles with basically no budget)

Well, I saw a little bit of Walt in his daughter last night. As my mom and I were watching the Twins and Oakland in the 2nd inning the Twins load the bases, and Justin Morneau steps up to the plate. Then Penny says, "Well, Justin hasn't done anything for a while, so he needs to get something done here." The count goes full and it looks bad for number 33. I joked with Grandma that Justin wasn't gonna get it done this time...then he cracks one to right. GRAND SLAM!

So there you go Justin Morneau, I guess Grandma Penny needs to call you out more often. By the way after the Twins went up by 10 I told Grandma Penny that it might not be enough...the Twins got beat last night 14 to 13.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and by the way I didn't finish watching the game after you guys went home. I was sure it was won. Never underestimate the Twins or the other way around. Still a Twins fan though.