Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sick of the swine flu.

Maybe I watch too much CNN, but I am already sick of hearing about the swine flu...I can listen to ESPN talk about A-Rod's steroid use for months, but if I hear one more story about the pig flu I'm going to start wearing a mask everywhere I go.

I actually don't think it is CNN's fault though, I trust that CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta is telling me things I really need to know about how to keep from being the first South Dakotan to acquire the latest fashion in mutated flu bugs.

Funny thing is...Jack Cafferty might agree with me, that the swine flu coverage is a little overblown at this point.

I actually blame my sickness of the new sickness on our local CBS affiliate, a couple of the reporters think they have their physician degree from the University of Phoenix Online, because the fire and brimstone that they have delivered over the last couple of days has me worried to leave the lake. Very similar to the way their meteorologist have you looking for shelter in the basement when it gets cloudy in July.

I have an idea, let the national networks worry about the swine flu, and the locals worry about flooding, local city government, and the Scotty Friesen Wedding coverage.

No comments: