Friday, March 27, 2009

Transformers Do Exist

Maxim LOVES the Transformers movie and has quite a few toys...he also LOVES "Army Guys", which to him is anyone in camouflage.

Yesterday while working at the Emergency Management Center for the flooding that is happening in northeast S.D. I worked with a Sergeant in the Nat'l Guard. I thought the whole day that Maxim would be so fond of this "Army Guy" and think that it is cool that his dad was working with him.

So this morning I told Maxim that I was kind of a Rescue Hero yesterday. He said, "How?". So I told him that we were protecting people who's homes could possibly flood and that the "Army Guys" were in charge of protecting the company's transformers by putting sandbags around the ones that are on the ground and located in a flood plain.

All Maxim heard of my statement was "Army Guy" and "Transformer". He said, "Dad, there is no such thing as Transformers. They are just a pretend movie."

I spent the drive to town showing him transformers on power lines and the ones on the ground...I still think that he thinks they change into some sort of robot.

No comments: