Monday, December 01, 2008

Uncle Outsmarts Nephew in Ongoing Battle of the Pranks.

Uncle Skipper was in the 605 area code this weekend, and that means all of us nephews are on our toes watching our backs for any pranks, jokes or snuggies.

We basically mess with each other trying to play practical jokes and good verbal jabbing back and forth. It keeps us on our toes.

He showed up on Friday afternoon when I was reffing hockey, and he didn't do his usual, wait for a real quiet point during a lull in the game and then yell, "COME ON, GLANZER...GET IN THE GAME!" I waited, but it wasn't there.

The only trick I was going to play on him was one that didn't work the last time, because he caught it...so vindication would be to play the same trick and get away with it.

Alarm clocks are easy targets, and Skipper travels with one of those old analog dial clocks...glow in the dark hands and everything. (He can't tell time on a digital clock) The last time they were in town I reset their alarm for 3 AM, but he figured it out before he went to bed. So this time I set the other alarm clock that my mom has in the room all the time, thinking that he wouldn't check that one...I also sprayed a couple hits of cologne on each pillow for him to enjoy. I think that one gave away the pranks as Juanita noticed it right away, then checked the other clock in the room too.

Sometimes I feel sorry for Juanita as she is always collateral damage in the whole pranking of Skipper things that we try to pull on him. Like at the James Valley charity auction when Scotty F. buys useless things and then puts them on Skipper's number, and she ends up paying for them, I feel kind of bad about that...but then it goes away when we get Skipper to admit we pulled one on him.

The best story of the weekend came from my dad, Skipper's own brother. Mom and dad and Skip and Juanita went out to eat on Friday night and someone noticed Skipper's new glasses, and Juanita said, "yeah, I think they make him look younger!" My dad comes back right away with a classic, "Yeah, about 30 minutes younger."

That line will forever be in my quiver of insults...thanks for driving up here to make Thanksgiving interesting Uncle Skip, it was worth your expense in gas money for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

had a good time. checked things over last night before getting in bed. sorry i missed you buying pizza at godfathers. of did your dad buy??