Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mayne Street

As a former sports anchor I had some hero's in the job, guys that did the same job as I...just way better than me, and most of them on bigger networks, Mark O., Barry Melrose, Keith Olbermann, Suzy Kolber and Willow Bay to name a few.

I even became e-mail friends with ESPN's John Buccigross after I gave him a little heads up on the kid phenom Thomas Vanek prior to his service at the U of Minnesota and then on to his current NHL stardom.

There is one guy whom I think is the best all around anchor that ESPN ever turned out...Kenny Mayne. I was not sure if he just had good writers or he was that funny and clever. Well, ESPN must have realized that their current crew of anchors is lacking some punch and they brought back Kenny in a web-series called Mayne Street. I'm not sure what the series will be like, but here is the first installment, classic Mayne.


1 comment:

schneids said...

How can you still like Keith Olbermann? He has become a caricature of his previous self with his overblown self righteous indignation at every turn. I'm surprised he hasn't called for his own resignation yet - he's called for everyone else's.

At least you didn't say that you like Stuart Scott. If you had, I'd be forced to rethink our relation. :)

Booh Yah Blech.