Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy B-Day to my Aunts.

My aunt Gloria and Linda have birthdays only a year and couple days apart...makes me think that Grandma and Grandpa had pretty busy schedules 60-some years ago right up until about Christmas day...if you do the math.

So today Gloria is celebrating her 2nd anniversary of her 30th birthday...which used to seem old, but now that I'm 30-something 60 is the new 40....so Happy 40th Aunt Glo.

Hard to believe these 2 young looking, hip ladies are another year older...their 2 brothers on the other hand....NOW THOSE DUDES LOOK OLD, AND WRINKLED AND 1 OR 2 STEPS FROM THE NURSING HOME!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tom for remembering me on my BIG day. your comments made me feel younger : ) I had a lot of nice suprises this weekend and this is another.... Gloria

Anonymous said...

Just in time to make you feel older, your youngest child is over 30. Of course, that will probably make everyone else who reads this blog feel older too!

Anonymous said...

Skipper, if you do not just "NAIL" Tommy, well, you are getting OLD I guess!!

Anonymous said...

well verlie he's waking up a sleeping giant. things are going to come to a head. i have been nice for a long time but times up. so next time i get up there he'd better be looking over his shoulder at all times. we'll see who should be in the nursing home.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I am about 3 blocks from a nursing home. You missed it by about 399 steps!!! We'll see what you look like when you hit the early 60's. We boys that grew up on the farm can still put out a pretty hard day's work. When your 60, son...you'll probably only be able to blog with one finger!!! (if blogging is still a popular activity in 2033!!!) Thanks for thinking of your good ole uncle Skip and me, though. DAD