Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Yeah, I took a little vacation from the blog...

I don't plan the breaks from the website...they just happen. We have been pretty busy around home and I have been traveling the mountains of Montana and Idaho over the last 2 weeks, so don't feel sorry for me. I hit the Craters if the Moon National Monument yesterday, very interesting landscape. Check it out if you are in the Eastern Idaho foothills.
You will also have to go through Arco, Idaho...drop in for lunch at the Pickle Place...super good "road food". Also a place with some character and characters!


The areas I have been to are simply beautiful, the Bozeman area and Sun Valley/Hailey, Idaho area are places everyone should visit once. Imagine the Black Hills on steroids.


Brecken and Steph are enjoying some time alone this week as Maxim is staying at his best friend's house in Sioux Falls...his first real stay over away from home. I'm going to pick him up when I get back from Idaho, it will be fun to see him.


Brecken has added a couple of new talents to his 2 year-old resume...he is a huge skateboarder, and also rode the skim-ski last week. The skim-ski is a one piece ski that most really young kids learn to ride before they double ski. I'm not sure 2 years old is the right age for a kid to be skiing on his own, but he wanted to and he loved it. Thanks to Erkel and Ray-Ray for helping him get started. He might be the first wakeboarding-skateboarding-cowboy, but that would make him very well-rounded.

Can't wait to get home, get on the lake and slow down enough to enjoy what's left of summer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are back, I keep checking this page like an addict!!! Oh wait I am an addict!! Great pic of yourself!! You need to do that more often. Thanks Sally

Anonymous said...

Tom, I missed you soooooo much, a big hug from your most critical fan.

That is one cute picture of the skateboarder!

Verlyn

Anonymous said...

I am so relieved you are back. I think I was going crazy...no updates in almost 2 weeks. Give us a call if you're ever on the "liquid" in Yankton. It would be fun to see you, and it sounds like your kids could show my kids a thing or two.

c. mendel