Thursday, December 27, 2007

Playing with the presents.

One of my favorite things about Christmas has always been playing with the presents, either that I received or now...the cool stuff my boys get.

Video games, action figures, Legos (that I put together), dinosaur bones (that I put together), remote controlled cars (That I ran the batteries out of), Nerf guns (That I shoot Steph with), we got it all this year, and it has been a blast.

My sister who is a great gift-giver sent Maxim a pair of snowshoes. Maxim had no idea what they were for, but last night we strapped them on and went on a little expedition.



After a couple of faceplants in the front yard, he relearned how to walk...Then he wanted to go down to the lake to walk on the ice. So I piled Brecken in the sled, and great Beadle County Explorer Maxim, Brecken and their trusty sled dogs, Annie and Lily ran all over the snow-covered ice of Lake Byron.

There was some pretty heavy fog so it was really cool, as you couldn't see more than 200 feet in front of you. Steph came down and joined us...and laughed at Maxim when he would get his feet tangled and land in a pile...GREAT GIFT AUNT SALLY!



The other thing Steph and I love to do in the winter, is grill...she threw a pork loin on the grill and while it cooked, Brecken wanted to play on the swing set. The slide is a lot more fun when you land in a pile of snow at the end of it.
Our next door neighbors, who totally spoil our boys, brought over the boy's Christmas present. A bird feeder that looks like a log cabin, and a year's supply of bird food. We can't wait to hang it up and see all the birds that come to the lake. Last night I saw a huge Bluejay, so maybe we can get him to stop by our new birdhouse when we put it up this weekend.

No comments: