Monday, November 26, 2007

The party is over...

Thanksgiving at our house means 3 things...Family, Football and Hockey.

My brother-in-law brought my sister and their kids up from Kansas for the extended weekend and the party began on Thursday morning with the annual Turkey Bowl Football Extravaganza. I think I have played in 4 straight T-bowls, and they get colder each year.

FOR THE RECORD:
My team: 5 TD's
Brad's Team: 4 TD's
First to 5 TD's wins!

Stats
ME:
Passing 0-2, 0 yds, 1 int
Receiving: 60 yds (est.), 1 TD
Defense: 4 pass break-ups, 1 deflection, 1 sack, 2 hurries

Bro-in-law:
Receiving: 70 yds (est.) 1 TD
Defense: 2 pass break-ups

Also received a huge hit from a fellow receiver while running a crossing route...his day was done.
(So Brad compiled great stats in a single quarter of action.)

After football, we headed to my office to sit in the hot tub for a nice warm-up, and to relax B-rad's neck after the vicious hit!

Thursday was spent watching TV and then headed to my cousin's house for tradition of Turkey and stuff.

Friday, the Rooster Cup Hockey Challenge started, and so did my ice time. I officiated 8 games of the tournament in 3 days. My legs were ready for a break today, so I only ran 2.5 miles.
Friday night we went to Brookings and watched SDSU knock off UNI in men's hoops.

Saturday more hockey and football watching on TV. Then to the James Valley auction at night.

Sunday, more hockey reffing..then had Uncle Skipper and some other people over for Steph's famous chili and 2X baked potatoes. Watched a little more football, as Denver choked and the Patriots squeaked by. Maxim, Steph and I played a little Monopoly...then slept...much needed sleep.

A little crazy, but it was fun.

No comments: