Monday, July 30, 2007

Monday Morning Weekend Wrap.

TOUR DE FRANCE NEWS

What a great weekend...the Tour wrapped up, Discovery team won the overall, the youngster Contador won the tour and Leipheimer ended up in 3rd only :31 second behind his Discovery Teammate.

The picture says it all, with Levi just watching Alberto kiss the cup...maybe next year Levi!

LAKE LIVING NEWS

My wife is super cool...every Sunday we plan a quiet afternoon with a couple people invited to the lake for the afternoon and supper or something...but then I get my party-mode on and I can't stop.

By noon I had invited half of Beadle county to the house. It was a great day! We have some friends that have 3 beautiful girls...I think Maxim is a bit smitten with the one that is his age. Yesterday I busted he and his "girlfriend" throwing rocks in the dog kennel together...Maxim knows he is not to throw rocks in the kennel...it's funny what kind of trouble girls can get you into...even at 5 years old! (His chores today include feeding the dogs, cleaning the kennel and picking up all the rocks they had thrown inside)

I pulled a few people on the wakeboard, which was humbling to say the least. I rode for almost a half a summer before I really tried any decent "tricks", but last night the 3 girls that rode (all of them with less than 10 rides combined) were pulling tricks that usually you can't do for about a year!

Granted 2 of those girls come from the Marc K. School of Watersports! I think he had both of them skiing before they were in school...we do miss the daughter that is in Africa...she is handy as well...do they wakeboard in Africa?

We capped the night with Marc K. barefooting...in jeans, with his signature baseball cap on, when I'm 50 I could only hope to still be as athletic as him! I only rode one time yesterday, but I discovered something new...I now ride at 24mph...3 more than I used to. We had a loaded boat and the wake was big and fun at that speed!

More riding tonight...I pay our babysitters in boat gas...and they ride better than I do. It's a good exchange, and Krissy leaves for K-State on Wednesday, so we have a lot of riding to do in the next 2 days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better they are throwing rocks in the kennel, than playing out in the bushes some place!!

Anonymous said...

Haha...If I had a wakeboard here I would definitely go. I think I could avoid the crocs alright. It'd be worth it! Haha, I think mom says I could ski before I could walk (but maybe that was behind the 4wheeler in the snow?? You know how much catching up I'll have to do when I'm actually there during the summer!?! Just so long as nobody shows me up on the kneeboard... Glad you're having fun out there!