Friday, February 02, 2007

Mom...60??? No Way!


My mom turns 60 today. The groundhog shares a special day with my mom!

I'm not feeling very typish today, so I'll keep it short.

My mom is the most incredible person, and if I am half the person she is, I'll be happy.

She raised Sally and I with love, honesty, hard work and a strong faith.

She prays for her children and grandchildren without ceasing.

She beat cancer.

She makes the best O'Henry bars.

She let me and my sister keep our dog in the house...and she doesn't charge for babysitting!

60 seemed old when I was 20...now it's the age of young, beautiful and fun grandmas.

I completely love this picture by the way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tommy, I thought you were adopted all along. A lady so lovely could NEVER have had a son like you. Happy Birthday Penny.

Anonymous said...

Tom...What a great son you said all the things I told you to say. No really it was a beautiful tribute to a Mom who loves you very much. Mom

skip said...

happy birthday to my favorite sister in law on my side the family